Monday, July 26, 2010

First Retreat all by myself

I went on my first weekend retreat without my family this last weekend. I was able to find a free spot at the Covered Bridge Inn in Weatherford. What a beautiful place!
I was a little bit skittish about going to a retreat with all the other attendees being strangers. I didn't have anything to worry about! All of the ladies were wonderful. My two roomates were a dream to have around. And to top it off I got the Kindergartener award at the end of the weekend for sharing well with others! And boy did I complete alot of projects.







My first 2 page layout uses the Create a Critter frog with Don Juan font and the bows are from Everyday Paper Doll Dress Up. I really like how the bows look on the frogs.







My second 2 page spread uses Opposites Attract and Calligraphy Cartridge. I set up the page, double checked it, really liked out it looked so I glued it down. That is when one of my roomates pointed out my spelling error. Even using the Opposites Attract cartridge I stilled spelled opposite wrong! I decided to leave it.









On this layout I decided to try an accordian fold to add as many pictures as possible. To tell this story I needed lots of photos but I did not want to put it on seven or eight layouts. I really like the accordians. I used hinges to connect where I needed them.




I think this may be my favorite layout of the weekend. I was staring at the photo trying to come up with a caption for it when I noticed the look on my little baby girl chihuahua, Misses, (the blond girl). The caption came to me and it just fell together after that. The font is Simply Sweet and the teddy bear is from Everyday Paper Dolls.

This layout is very simple. I used Life's a Beach for the seahorses and Winter Woodland for the font. You can really tell he's my son in this picture!


On this 2 page spread I used some rub ons for the wording except for the names which were done in Blackletter. The skull is from Wall Decor and More.

On my Fishy Faces layout the fish are from Paper Doll Dress Up and the font is Ashlyn's Alphabet. I really like the idea of the page but I am not sure if I pulled it off.

This is one of the 5 cards that I completed. I will post more later. I found this paper in the origami section. The font is from George and Basic Shapes.

1 comment:

  1. I really LOVE the accordian one. I'm sooo stealing...uh...I mean....using that one!

    ReplyDelete