The first is a wall hanging of the engagement photos of my brother and newest sister-in-law. I searched and could not find a frame I liked that would accomadate the 8x10 and 2 5x7s. So I started with handmade paper from the nearby art store. I added the cardboard backs from paperpacks to stabalize it.
Using the Ornamental Iron cartridge I cut out the arches for over the pictures and the border for top and bottom.
I love how the arches accent the photos without overpowering them.
This is the final product. Loved how it turned out so decided to use the same basic idea on some hangings my aunt had asked for.
On one I used Technique Tuesday tiles for the embellishments.
They work great and come in many shapes. They take paint and inks very well.
The perfect pearls added a look of texture I was not expecting but really liked so I used an ink dabber to create a different looking texture.